Thursday 3 November 2011

Hallows Eve(s)

So its been over a week and I try keep up with this blog posting as I know there are people out there who want to know whats going on here over the pond, mainly my mum(!!!), but its been Halloween as you all know andCanadians really know how to celebrate it, and its wayyyy better than home. (sorry home)
Wednesday was the usual trip to the Pit, I eased myself into an original costume of a ‘I’m a Cat…duhhhhhhh’ it did the trick however and although I was sober, still was on my antibiotics, it was a reallllly good night and not one person in there wasn’t dressed up. I love it so much more here as Halloween isn’t just an excuse to dress like a scary, slutty version of an animal (for girls anyways) you don’t even need to dress scary, in fact its kind of frowned upon. I have never witnessed so many random, bizarre, hilarious outfits as I have in the past week. Car washes, m+m’s, teenage ninja turtles, Fred Flintstone…sooo many more. Thursday, Claudia and I were accompanied by the boys to Nero, who before his show I wasn’t hugely keen on. If anything I was going to make up for the fact that my #19 Katence had failed to make it into their set at WHP the previous week! (nothing changes back home :)) but he was amazingly good and I spent the entire night at the front, even in my heels. Commodore Ballroom is a fab venue for shows like that and it’s made me want to go so many more out here as its a really big part of the nightlife in Van. Friday, Becky and I went to a friends house party in Kits which was no different to the other ones we’ve been to, especially the last. I went as a bunny (not remotely sexy) and Becky an ‘Arabian’ dancer. Best outfits at the party by miles ha however pretty sure the bus journey home was the most amusing part. Saturday a bunch of us went on the boat party organised by HKin…It was so worth it even if a few of our team members didn’t make it out due to various reasons I won’t include on here. Luke obviously dragged me downtown to a gay bar after which as always was so much fun and the music is always the best… So overall my Halloween weekend was easily the best I have ever had. Everyone really goes all out and I love that. I opted out of Fright Night at the theme park on Sunday, the weeks antics had taken it out of me and my general wussy like behaviour told me to stay away, quiet drinks at Local and the most amazing yam fries ever kept me very happy instead.
Vancouver Fashion Week started yesterday and fittings were today. I don’t even really know whether to make comments on this until its over? Let’s just say its going to be an interesting experience. The designers I am walking for so far are really really talented with some gorgeous pieces so its all very exciting and I am lucky to be involved. Not going to lie I think I might be slightly more excited for the after parties but I guess those who know me probably already realised this.
Here’s a couple of photos for friends and fam back home to nosey at. (and yes mum and pops, my hair is now brown, it has been for the past 2 weeks however every day we have skyped you have somehow not noticed? – it was an accident so I am glad you didnt notice – but either way…SURPRISE)
 383729_2265342225962_1020690087_32071846_1570862984_n DSC00622318657_10150441319436756_636581755_10448074_1039280397_n DSC00572392084_10100104921508461_21011196_47119267_1388567854_n   DSC00592

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...