Thursday 25 August 2011

One Fat Emotional Mess...

...To put it simply.

I never knew I was capable of being such an emotional wreck, all in the space of a few days. Until now I had reassured myself that moving 4725 miles (yes I googled it) from home would be a simple, stress free experience. Nothing like an emotional goodbye dinner with the family to flip this belief on its head... Saying goodbye to all my 'nearest and dearest' (God I sound like my Grandma) was the hardest thing to do, not probably helped by the fact I am a 'slight' drama queen, and I really do mean slight!



...But all those hours spent thinking of the moments I will miss back home with the people I love the most made me wake up and remember how small we all really are. It's so easy to become 'comfortable' with your surroundings, whilst forgetting how many breathtaking things there are out there to see.

So...with my short poignant statement left right there (as we can't talk about too many 'feelings') I am left reassured that this year will be one of the most amazing years of my life and as the literary genius Joely Walker once said ''A life changing journey starts with a single step'' .. (or maybe she reworded a famous quote and tried to pass it off as her own!? I'll leave that one unanswered ha!!)

Unless you take the first step, you will always be wondering what if?! and I never want to wonder 'What If?'


2 comments:

Unknown said...

i hope you have great time!! x

Unknown said...

thankyou hannah :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...